Thursday 30 August 2012

Giving the Game Away | Free Alif the Unseen

Yesterday I posted an excellent excerpt from Alif the Unseen, and tomorrow, I'll run my review. As if that weren't enough, I had a long and involved talk with the author which should hit the site early next week.

Now I don't make a fuss like this about most books, so perhaps you've already intuited that Alif the Unseen is something special. Well, yes — it is indeed. It's "an exquisite tale of tales," truly a "tour-de-force debut," and you needn't simply take my word for it, because today it gives me great pleasure to announce that I have three copies of the gorgeous new Corvus edition to give away to you lucky lovers of literature.


I'm afraid we can't go worldwide with this one, but if you're based in the UK or Europe, all you have to do to stand a chance of winning is send an email to thespeculativescotsman [at] gmail [dot] com with the answer to the this question:

Which letter of the English alphabet is
the Arabic letter Alif equivalent to?

Mark your subject headers "Free Alif the Unseen," please, and remember to include your postal address in the text of your message.

May the odds be ever in your favour, folks!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Niall, I've sent my answer! I really hope to win, and if not... I'm putting this one on my to order list. Beautiful cover and the book really seems my cup of tea! You wouldn't believe how many books I've bought the last 2-3 years on your (and some other blogs') recommendation ;-)

    As of yet, I've never regretted it :-) Though my wallet is less happy of course :)

    Greetings from Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As ever, thanks for the kind words, Sven - and so sorry about your wallet! :)

    ReplyDelete